The 1Collision Network held its 4th Annual Conference May 24-25 at the Abbey Resort and Spa in Lake Geneva, Wis.
The event theme, “Thriving with Repair Planning and Marketing Technology,” focused on technology-driven solutions designed to assist collision repairers in increasing their business revenue, performance and profits.
The following individuals offered presentations:
- Mark Algie, 3M, presented a look at current and future OE vehicle material construction and bonding methods necessary for repairers to understand.
- Don Putney from Collision Equipment Experts presented paint and material drying technology and the impact on productivity, as well as other repair equipment technologies.
- Tom McGee from Spanesi highlighted the importance of pre-repair measuring of the vehicle for blueprinting and showcased the Spanesi “Touch Virtual.”
- Bill Bauer from ALLDATA emphasized in his presentation how OE procedures are necessary in repair planning for a proper repair.
- David Merrill provided insight for repairers to better understand procurement technology, and the features and benefits of procurement through PartsTrader.
- Frank Terlep, with eMarketing Sherpas, illustrated to the group how connecting with the consumer is critical to capturing the over 50 percent of consumers who do not go through a DRP program with their claims, and the ease of doing so utilizing e-marketing technology.
- Susan Yerling with AudaExplore highlighted technology used in estimating and claims processing, and how this technology can impact profitability and insurer relations.
- Brian Sinnett with CCC covered estimating, claims processing technology, the Open Shop platform and building better insurer relationships through claims technology.
- Brad Fukui, vice president at Full Impact Technologies (FIT), overviewed the company’s Repair Planning and Blueprinting System utilizing analytics software. The presentation was a highlight of the conference, and illustrated how this new and innovative technology can be a differentiator in the marketplace.
- Paul Ricco, principal at Meridian Dealer Services, presented 1Collision locations an exclusive opportunity to offer consumers wheel and tire insurance.
- Brandon Eckenrode with the Collision Repair Education Foundation discussed in his presentation the Foundation’s various programs designed to assist shops in attracting technicians, and opportunities to participate in some of their upcoming initiatives.
- Arrick Pelton and Gary Jefferson with Enterprise presented the ARMS reporting program, and how the technology can impact a shop’s performance and insurance relationships.
Network shops, strategic partners and special guests enjoyed an outdoor networking lunch and evening networking reception at The Abbey Resort and Marina.
“The focus of the event was proper repairs and efficient claims processing for our customers and insurance partners,” said Network President Jim Keller. “The speakers all presented excellent content that will greatly benefit those Network shops in attendance for years to come.
“A number of our new strategic partners in attendance announced new purchasing programs available to Network locations, as well as the announcement of the addition of insurer DRP programs available to 1Collision Network locations.”
Zach Kaleta, general manager of JR 1Collision in Arlington Heights, Ill., added, “The presentations were very informative, and the networking time allowed for connecting with other shops and speakers to find out even more.”