BASF has announced that a number of vehicles painted with Glasurit and R-M paint were awarded industry accolades during the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
Key honors given to show vehicles featuring BASF paint include:
- Chevrolet Design Award for the Best Chevy in Show; Mothers Choice Award; and the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association Gold Award – The 1966 “Recoil” Chevelle from the Ringbrothers, painted in a custom Sand Storm color from the Glasurit 90-Line. The “Recoil” was also named the “Car Everyone is Talking About” by Car and Driver magazine in its SEMA show round-up and received recognition from both Hot Rod magazine and the General Motors official news blog.
- Ford Motor Co. Best in Stand Design – Awarded to the 2015 Ford Mustang convertible. Styled by designer Chip Foose, Glasurit ambassador, featuring light green metallic paint with orange accents from BASF’s Glasurit 90-Line.
- Scion Tuner Challenge Award – The Speedhunters Scion FR-S from Keith Charvonia, painted in a Pure White from BASF’s R-M line, took home first place honors.
- Gran Turismo Award – The Garrett X GReddy R35 GT-R was named as the Gran Turismo Best Asian Import award winner and featured Solid Red paint from Glasurit 90-Line. The car will be featured as a downloadable option in an upcoming installment of the Gran Turismo video game series.
- Autobytel’s Best Paint Jobs at SEMA – Two vehicles on Autobytel’s list feature BASF paint: the Chip Foose 2006 Ford Mustang GT in the Magnaflow booth featuring Tungsten Grey paint from the Glasurit 90-Line; and the 1972 Buick Riveria “Rivtile” from Juergen Book that was painted “snake-style” to represent an “automotive reptile.” The color scheme features a range of reptilian greens, custom painted with gold contrasts from BASF’s R-M Carizzma line.
- SEMA Battle of the Builders: Top 10 Builders Finalists – Two finalists in the Top 10 Builders award were BASF Refinish customers: The Ringbrothers with the “Recoil” Chevelle, and Gordon Aram, who uses the BASF R-M Line, was nominated for his 1978 Ford Mustang II, which features Kona Blue paint.
“We’re very proud of these accolades for our Glasurit and R-M paint systems, as well as the recognition of the artistic skills of these dedicated designers,” said Paul Whittleston, vice president, Automotive Refinish & Industrial Coatings Solutions North America. “Congratulations to all the winners.”