PPG Automotive Refinish has revealed the 2016 appearance schedule of its popular and colorful show truck. The truck, with its red, white and blue finish, will begin its national tour March 4th at the Goodguys 7th Spring Nationals in Scottsdale, Ariz. It will continue on to 16 stops across 12 states, and will conclude Oct. 6, 2016 with the “Cruisin’ the Coast” event in Biloxi, Miss. The appearances include car, truck and hot rod shows sponsored by the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association and other prominent automotive enthusiast groups.
The truck, a 75-foot 2016 Freightliner Cascadia tractor-trailer rig, will show off the PPG finish it received in 2015. The paint scheme, created by Steve Breakfield and his team at Motorhead Racing and Design Co., Charlotte, N.C., presents a unique design suggesting the stars and stripes of the American flag. Gerber Collision & Glass in Grand Rapids, Mich., painted the truck using premium PPG DELFLEET Evolution products including F3995 Epoxy Primer, the FBC Basecoat System and F3921 2.1 VOC Clearcoat.
Veteran PPG driver Chad Hook will guide the truck across the country in what will be his final tour. Hook has announced that he will retire at the end of the year. He has been at the wheel of the show truck since 1999 – and with PPG for more than 30 years in several capacities – covering 30,000–35,000 miles annually. Despite the uncertainty of weather and a demanding schedule, Hook has never missed a show or arrived late. He has been a key part of the truck’s appearances and success.
Truck and car fans are invited to visit the show truck wherever it stops, to learn more about PPG products. The complete tour schedule is as follows:
- Goodguys 7th Spring Nationals: March 4–6 – Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Goodguys 6th Spring Nationals: March 11–13 – Fort Worth, Texas
- AASP/NJ Northeast Tradeshow: March 17–20 – Secaucus, N.J.
- Goodguys 16th Del Mar Nationals: April 1–3 – Del Mar, Calif.
- Goodguys 11th Nashville Nationals: May 13–15 – Nashville, Tenn.
- Goodguys 24th East Coast Nationals: June 10–12 – Rhinebeck, N.Y.
- Goodguys 2nd Speedway Motors “Day at the Hay”: June 25 – Lincoln, Neb.
- Goodguys 25th Heartland Nationals: July 1–3 – Des Moines, Iowa
- Goodguys 19th PPG Nationals: July 8–10 – Columbus, Ohio
- Goodguys 29th Pacific Northwest Nationals: July 29–31 – Puyallup, Wash.
- Goodguys 15th Great Northwest Nationals: Aug. 19–21 – Spokane, Wash.
- Goodguys 30th West Coast Nationals: Aug. 26–28 – Pleasanton, Calif.
- Goodguys 19th Colorado Nationals: Sep. 9–11 – Loveland, Colo.
- Diesel Nationals: Sept. 16–17 – Englishtown, N.J.
- Goodguys 24th Lone Star Nationals: Sept. 30–Oct 2 – Fort Worth, Texas
- Cruisin’ the Coast: Oct. 6–10 – Biloxi, Miss.
Events and appearances are subject to change.
For more about PPG Automotive Refinish products and the show truck’s appearances, call (800) 647-6050 or visit www.ppgrefinish.com.