PPG Automotive Refinish’s PaintManager software is now used by more than 10,000 customers around the world, setting a milestone for the company.
The software is a network-capable color management system designed to help managers and technicians manage the quality, productivity and profitability of their refinish paint mixing operations. PaintManager uses Internet connectivity to combine the accuracy and efficiency of computerized color formula retrieval with comprehensive reporting and tracking features.
Used by collision centers, distributors and dealerships, PaintManager’s capabilities include updated color formulas and program enhancements, making it easier to stay on top of paint shop operations and keep up with the latest OEM color formulas, products and pricing.
“We are aware of how important it is for shop technicians and managers to have access to up-to-date color formulas, and PaintManager is an excellent way to ensure a flow of the latest relevant information,” said Mary Kimbro, PPG global color director. “This is the most advanced color retrieval system in use today. For technicians, PaintManager offers the ability to quickly locate a vehicle color. And for collision center owners and managers, it provides an array of reports that monitor paint operation job costs, material usage, mixing efficiency, inventory and much more. PaintManager is one more tool we’re proud to offer to our customers and is a key part of our overall commitment to help them be as successful as possible.”
Features of the program include:
- PaintManager software downloads monthly color formula updates to a customer’s computer, eliminating the need for time-consuming CD installation and making it easier to keep up with critical information. The user can select day and time of download to avoid interference with shop operations.
- More than 40 reports are offered to help managers stay on top of paint operation job costs, material usage, mixing efficiency and inventory. Using the Paint Shop Interface tool, key data – such as estimate information and labor hours – is transferred automatically. The collision center can track all paint and materials against each repair order, making it easier to evaluate product usage and financial performance.
- Technical support can be directed to the mixing room computer. With PaintManager software’s secure two-way communication interface with PPG, the HelpDesk specialist can remotely access the mixing room computer and provide real-time technical support.
- PaintManager software interfaces seamlessly with PPG’s Rapidmatch X-5 spectrophotometer. New downloaded color formulas carry accompanying reflectance data for the RapidMatch program software to deliver simplified color matching for all refinish repairs.
- New products such as toners, clears, primers and other ancillaries are delivered earlier and distributed as soon as they are available. There is no need to wait for the next CD release.
- PaintManager software system enhancements – including the RapidMatch software workflow, the Paint Shop Interface program and the Internet Update utility itself – are provided more frequently to ensure all functions are current.
- As information is sent to the user via PaintManager software, PPG downloads the user’s mix information. Collected information focuses on the color selection (variant or special) as well as product usage. This data helps PPG evaluate variant popularity for future color chip tool production.
- PaintManager software is compatible with PPG’s Touchmix computerized paint mixing hardware to retrieve the right formula quickly and mix the color accurately. This powerful combination improves efficiency and profitability by reducing waste and the time required for remixes.
Body Shop Business Staff Writers
Latest posts by Body Shop Business Staff Writers (see all)
- Sherwin-Williams Introduces Hail Damage Repair Solution - July 21, 2016
- 3M Automotive Aftermarket Division Introduces 3M Total Automotive Sanding System, Powered by Festool Automotive Systems - July 21, 2016
- Caliber Collision Teammates Donate Record 3.1 Million Meals for 37 Food Banks - July 21, 2016