AkzoNobel’s Vehicle Refinishes has announced the members of its 2016 Distributor Council. The Distributor Council is a legacy activity of Vehicle Refinishes that spans its 30-year history in North America. Over this period of time, Vehicle Refinishes has looked to advisory bodies drawn from its distribution network to assist AkzoNobel in establishing frameworks for business practices as well as to provide inspiration for creating new polices, products and programs. Those advisory bodies have gone under various names; however, the purpose of the group has remained constant: to provide counsel.
Council members are:
- Paul Fus – PF# Paint Supply, Wixom, Mich.
- Robbie Brinkley – C&D Auto Paint & Body, Thomasville, Ga.
- Doug Richau – Auto Color and Industrial Supply, St. Joseph, Minn.
- Peter Kilkenny – Providence Lacquer & Supply Centre, Cranston, R.I.
- Layla Maus – Gladwyn Paint, Austin, Texas
- Kim Snyder – Body Parts Store, Inc., Des Moines, Iowa
- Peter DeLuca – Industrial Finishes & Systems, Inc., Salt Lake City
- Don Treschak – Treschak Enterprises, Ltd., Welland, Ontario
“The Council, comprised of eight representatives throughout North America, is a visible and proactive sign that AkzoNobel’s Vehicle Refinishes business in North America is dedicated to distribution as our primary method of going to market,” said Dave Recknagel, North America customer services manager. “As a result, we are constantly striving to innovate. This includes go-to-market business models which ensure that we are engaging, evolving, and advancing practices and processes that enhance current relationships as well enable growth and expansion to create new.”
Council members are asked to serve as ambassadors to other members of the AkzoNobel distribution network within specific geographic market sectors to ensure that information is received, delivered and comprehended in as equitable a manner as possible. The Council physically meets three times a year with intermittent conference calls to help bridge time gaps or address critical and immediate issues.