Of the more than 840,000 automotive technicians working in the U.S., 12 individuals have qualified for the prestigious 2016 World Class Technician Award. The Auto Care Association and National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) work together to recognize these professional technicians who have tested and obtained ASE certification in 22 specialty areas during the 2015 test administrated by ASE.
The 2016 World Class Technicians are:
- Chris Alexander, Tunnel Hill, Ga.
- John Bridgwater, Castro Valley, Calif.
- Michael Corbett, West Jordan, Utah
- Daniel Doherty, Springfield, Pa.
- Byron Enders, Crestview, Fla.
- Andrew Harrison, Mechanicsville, Md.
- Brian Hutson, Fort Smith, Ariz.
- David Jones, Danville, Va.
- Kevin Lang, Manchester, Md.
- Jesse McCurdy, North Las Vegas, Nev.
- Susan Schalk, San Diego, Calif.
- Daniel Wolak, Elk Grove Village, Ill.
“Recipients of the World Class Technician Award are truly the best of the best, and the Auto Care Association is proud to recognize these professionals with ASE,” said Bill Hanvey, president and CEO, Auto Care Association. “Passing 22 ASE tests is a monumental achievement requiring exceptional knowledge and skills.”
Tim Zilke, president and CEO, ASE, added, “This recognition partnership between the Auto Care Association and ASE represents one of the most significant achievement awards available to our ASE-certified professionals. ASE is grateful for the support the Auto Care Association provides to our service professionals in recognizing these outstanding individuals each year, and we celebrate more than a quarter century of this commitment to excellence with the Auto Care Association.”
Since the World Class Technician recognition was established 30 years ago, 1,914 technicians have been honored. Recipients receive a special certificate signed by the presidents of ASE and the Auto Care Association and an embroidered shoulder insignia. Additionally, their name is perpetually inscribed in an honor book located in the Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn, Mich.