News: AAA Says Record Number of Americans Will Hit the Road Over July 4 Holiday
The Auto Care Association has announced the latest recipients of the World Class Technician award, in partnership with the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). The two organizations provide this annual recognition to professional technicians who have attained ASE certification in 22 specific areas during the previous calendar year.
There are an estimated 756,600 technicians in the U.S., with approximately 231,000 holding ASE certification. More than 2,000 technicians have earned the respected status of “World Class Technician” since its inception over 30 years ago.
The class of 2021 World Class Technicians is listed below, including each technician’s company or shop:
- Albert Antongeorgi – Toyota de Puerto Rico, Catano, P.R.
- Nestor Bagliano – Automotive Dealer Repair, Mentor, Ohio
- Gregory G. Birtzu – Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Jason R. Breed – General Motors, Hartland, Mich.
- Kevin W. Brown – Braxton County Board of Education, Birch River, W.V.
- Douglas A. Burklund – Las Vegas, Nev.
- Jeff W. Butzke – Lincoln College of Technology, Franklin, Ky.
- Daniel K. Calderone – Exelon/Atlantic City Electric Utility Fleet, Milmay, N.J.
- Timothy S. Clayborn Sr. – Warrenton, Va.
- Joseph R. Conway – SUNY Delhi, Liberty, N.Y.
- Michael D. Fathergill – City of Hamilton, Ohio, Hamilton, Ohio
- Mark V. Fera – Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, Wood Dale, Ill.
- Michael J. Finch – Buzz Chew Chevrolet-Cadillac, East Patchogue, N.Y.
- James S. Goff – First Student, Riverside, Calif.
- Michael D. Gonzalez – Catlett, Va.
- Alex L. Goodemoot – N.A. Williams, Princeton, Texas
- Brittany M. Grande – Norristown, Pa.
- Alfred A. Hayden IV – Sullivan Tire, Brockton, Mass.
- John H. Howard – County of Fairfax, Va., Fredericksburg, Va.
- Richard G. Hoyt – First student, Moultonborough, N.H.
- Joseph R. Indurante – Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, Franklin Park, Ill.
- Michael R. Jenkins – Toyota of Naperville, Carol Stream, Ill.
- Charles B. Jennings – Fowlerville, Mich.
- Ronald E. King – DATTCO Sales and Service, Kensington, Conn.
- David C. Lannom – TBC, Lakeland, Fla.
- Thomas S. Mancuso III – Fairfax County Department of Vehicle Services, Fredericksburg, Va.
- James E. Maxwell – Nashville Auto Diesel College, Gallatin, Tenn.
- Michael B. O’Guin, Jr. – Lincoln Tech College, Goodlettsville, Tenn.
- Troy M. Olson – Nashotah, Wis.
- John J. Page – Las Vegas, Nev.
- Jeremy J. Pease – OAM Automotive & Fabrication, Westhampton, Mass.
- Shaun Philp – Tallahassee, Fla.
- John C. Pinter – First Student, Eaton Township, Ohio
- Charles O. Ralston – Valparaiso, Ind.
- James W. Ramsey III – NTB, Irving, Texas
- Russell Rhodes – Firestone Complete Autocare, Temple, Texas
- Nicolas A. Rose – Plymouth, Mass.
- Brent J. Runnals – VIP Tires & Service, White River Junction, Vt.
- Joseph W. Simmons – Eaton, Ohio
- Joel E. Thomas – Mansfield ISD, Glen Rose, Texas
- Thomas A. Vettraino – Addison Auto, Littleton, Colo.
- Philip R. Younger – Palm Bay, Fla.
For more information about the Auto Care Association’s World Class Technician certification qualifications, timing and recognition, visit the association’s World Class Technician webpage.
For more information about ASE and service professional certification, visit ase.com.