News: Consolidator Report
Official publication of ASA judges candidates based on a variety of criteria, including visual design, innovation, consumer friendliness and social media presence.
AutoInc., the official publication of the Automotive Service Association (ASA), recently selected its annual “Top 10 Automotive Repair Websites,” which are featured in the magazine’s February 2014 issue.
AutoInc.’s “Top 10 of 2014” includes:
- Artistic Collision Center Inc., Rancho Cordova, Calif., www.artisticcollision.com
- Atlantic Motorcar Services, Wicasset, Maine, www.atlanticmotorcar.com
- Certified Transmissions, Draper, Utah, www.certifiedtrans.com
- Dillon’s Automotive, Katy, Texas, www.dillonsautomotive.com
- Kinney’s Automotive, Hurst, Texas, www.kinneysauto.com
- Mike’s KARS Inc., Gettysburg, Pa., www.mikeskars.com
- One Stop Auto Care, Los Angeles, Calif., www.onestop-autocare.com
- Rabbit Row Repair, Wilson, Wyo., www.rabbitrowautorepair.com
- Rad Air Complete Car Care, Strongsville, Ohio, www.radair.com
- Valley Automotive Repair and Electric, Maple Valley, Wash., www.valleyautoelectric.com
Each year, AutoInc. judges review scores of website submissions and narrow the field to what they consider the best. Judges use set guidelines and a scoring sheet to evaluate specific features of each site uniformly. Qualifying websites were evaluated on nine criteria:
- First impression/visual design
- Encourages action
- Consumer friendliness
- Technical and social media involvement
The goal of the contest is to help other shops employ the Internet as a powerful tool and show how fellow shop owners use the Web to improve productivity, enhance marketing programs and, ultimately, increase their businesses’ bottom lines. ASA Executive Director Dan Risley congratulated the winners and mentioned the importance of updating businesses with new technology.
“These ASA members have demonstrated the importance of having a Web presence to effectively compete in the digital age. It is no longer acceptable to hope that customers will ‘find’ your business; you have to proactively promote yourself, and these are excellent examples of cost-effective digital marketing. Congratulations to all the honorees for setting a great example.”