BASF Automotive Refinish revs up to make a colorful splash at the 2016 SEMA show in Las Vegas when it unveils the latest in restyled and custom vehicles, new color offerings, advanced business solutions, custom paint solutions and its inaugural “Color of the Year.”
BASF will host a press conference on Nov. 1st at 12:30 p.m. at booth no. 20367 located in the Racing & Performance area of Central Hall, featuring:
- The 2017 BASF Color of the Year – BASF will announce its first Color of the Year, featured on a custom 2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R.
- New R-M ONYX HD / Diamont “Zyrilliant” Colors – A collection of 108 new inspirational colors that provide solutions for custom car builders with extreme effects.
- Chip Foose Custom ’39 Cadillac Coupe – SEMA Hall of Famer and legendary custom car builder Chip Foose will unveil his latest creation featuring Glasurit 90 Line paint.
In addition to the press conference, BASF will feature its advanced business solutions to drive efficiency, growth and profitability to the collision repair market, plus host the following at its booth:
Custom Display Vehicles
- 1955 Chevrolet Roadster from G3 Rods – finished in Glasurit 90 Line
- 1961 Chevy Impala from Greening Auto Company – finished in Glasurit 90 Line
- 2017 Ford Petty Mustang from Petty’s Garage – painted with R-M Diamont “Zyrilliant”
- 2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide from Camtech Custom Baggers – featuring R-M Diamont Carizzma
The Glasurit Best Paint Award
Nov. 2nd at 9 a.m.
Chip Foose will present the second annual Glasurit Best Paint Award, judging participants on the fit and finish, quality of preparation and final presentation of their Glasurit-painted vehicles.
- Chip Foose – immediately following the Tuesday press conference
- Ryan Friedlinghaus, Nov. 1st, 3-5 p.m.
- Richard Petty, Nov. 2nd, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- KC Mathieu, Nov. 2nd, 1-2 p.m., and Nov 4th, 1-2 p.m.
“BASF will showcase its largest display yet at SEMA featuring our latest advancements for the automotive refinish market,” said Dan Bihlmeyer, BASF North America marketing head, Coatings Solutions. “With five world-class vehicles, exciting and unique new paint colors and tools, BASF displays a wide variety of products and services to help our collision repair customers and distributors be more productive and drive their overall profitability.”
To see all BASF is featuring at SEMA, visit basfrefinish.com/SEMA2016.