Products: Bosch Releases 5.0 Software Update for ADS and ADS X Scan Tools
Longtime collision industry consultant Brad Mewes has launched COVID19Loans.org to secure emergency funding and forgiveness for small businesses.
Mewes founded this company in mid-March right as the COVID-19 crisis began after he was invited to participate in a White House Working Group on Small Business Disaster Relief Funding. Immediately, he saw that small business owners would need a lot of help navigating this crisis.
“The government’s guidance is ever-changing, and it’s difficult to keep up,” said Mewes. “Our team is designed with busy owners in mind – to keep them working on their shop, and not focusing on funding processes and options.
“Businesses are unprepared, and we’re working round the clock to ensure they have the right resources – from lender connections, processes, tools and more.”
Mewes has created an experienced team to run COVID19Loans.org made up of people from trusted industry affiliates like CARSTAR, Certified Collision Group (CCG) and Bank of America.
“While others are laying off and furloughing workers, we’re hiring,” said Mewes. “We’re creating jobs and we’re helping our clients save jobs. Most importantly, we want to help – help business owners not just secure financing, but secure forgiveness and survive this crisis.”
Brad describes why he chose the team members he did below:
- Lauren Schoonover – Schoonover held a position as director of business development at CARSTAR. “What drew me to Lauren is her deep understanding of the industry, particularly her knowledge of the challenges shop owners face,” said Mewes. “She immediately reached out, wanting to help. Her courage in this time of crisis caught my attention right away.”
- Dale Nelson – “Nelson came highly referred by Marty Evans, COO at CCG, so I immediately knew I could trust him,” Mewes said. “The more I talked to Dale, and the more I talked to others in the industry about Dale, the more I knew he had to be on our team. Dale immediately grasps the challenges faced by shop owners and effortlessly demonstrates how the tools we’ve developed help them survive this crisis.”
- Sara Nash – Nash comes with deep commercial banking experience, having served at BofA managing business loans and SBA loans. “After BofA, she founded her own loan brokerage and then moved into financial recruitment. She saw what we were doing and wanted to help immediately.”
- Tim Dalton – Dalton comes with decades of business brokerage, lease, lending and financial experience. “He saw what we were doing and immediately reached out and asked how he can help,” said Mewes.
- Kim Swinson – Swinson comes with years of experience in business brokerage support, SBA and mortgage loan experience. “She’s a processing machine and so detailed-oriented – exactly what every business owner needs in this time of chaos,” said Mewes.