Products: SprayMax to Showcase New UV System at SEMA
Ever been told your shop is the only one charging for that? Well … you’re not alone.
Based on BodyShop Business‘ 2000 Industry Profile, 48.4 percent of shops have heard that line from insurance companies.
What did these shops want paid for? A few examples include:
- Shop supplies (nuts, bolts, clips, etc.);
- Hazardous-waste removal;
- R&R of handles and moldings on repaired panels;
- Pickup and delivery;
- Masking for overspray and interior jambs;
- Storage and towing when cars are at the shop more than two weeks;
- Car covers;
- Alignment times;
- Color sand and buff;
- Cleanup on used parts;
- Setup time on frame;
- Road testing car after repairs;
Despite being told they’re “the only one” charging for that operation, 49.5 percent of respondents still always charge for that operation; 12.1 percent still charge 75 percent of the time; 20.2 percent charge 50 percent of the time; and 18.2 percent never charge for that operation.