BASF Automotive Refinish announced it will showcase its products at two show booths during the 2015 SEMA Show Nov. 3-6 in Las Vegas. During the event, BASF will also host two press conferences and feature appearances by Jay Leno, Richard Petty, Ryan Friedlinghaus and Chip Foose.
Highlights at BASF booth no. 21437, located in the Racing & Performance section, will include:
- Custom Car Unveiling Press Conference – Nov. 4th, 9 a.m. – During its first press conference, BASF will unveil a 1933 Ford Coupe from Chip Foose featuring a Glasurit 90 Line custom blue and silver two-tone paint; a 1965 customized carbon fiber Ford Mustang from The Ringbrothers painted in Spy Green from Glasurit 90 Line; and a 1967 Pontiac Acadian from JF Kustoms featuring R-M ONYX HD custom red paint.
- Jay Leno, star of Jay Leno’s Garage – Nov. 4th – A self-described “car guy,” Leno exclusively uses Glasurit 90 Line on all of his vehicle restorations.
- Glasurit Best Paint Award Press Conference – Nov. 5th, 4 p.m. – Chip Foose will present the first-ever Glasurit Best Paint Award, judging participants on fit and finish, quality of preparation and final presentation. To register your car by Nov. 2nd, click here.
- New Paint Innovations – BASF will showcase its new Glasurit Water Boosters and UV primers, plus its R-M ONYX HD system and the recently introduced PowerFill Plus DTM Primers Onyx HD – the only paint system on the market that can be mixed as either waterborne or solventborne with a single set of toners.
- Custom Display Vehicles – BASF will also display a 1959 Chevrolet Corvette from West Coast Customs painted with R-M ONYX HD and a 2016 Harley Street Glide from Camtech Custom Baggers featuring R-M Carizzma Candy Paint.
- Autograph Sessions – Chip Foose will sign autographs at the booth on Nov. 3rd from noon-2 p.m. Racing legend Richard Petty will sign autographs on Nov. 4th from 10-11 a.m., and Ryan Friedlinghaus on Nov. 5th from 10:30-11:30 a.m. and Nov. 6th from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
At its Collision Repair & Refinish section booth no. 16026, BASF will feature demonstrations of its value-added tools and services. Some of those tools and services include:
- VisionPLUS Online – Online business KPI tracking, analyzing and reporting system.
- VisionPLUS Scorecards – Automated Production and Estimator KPIs. Vision PLUS Performance Groups – 20 group meetings for business owners looking to improve their business through financial reviews and idea sharing.
- Advanced Process Solutions (APS) – Built on lean fundamentals, APS is a process of continuous workflow throughout the repair process. Current APS shops enjoy improved cycle times and touch times along with added capacity and reduced chaos.
- SmartTRAK – Comprehensive paint shop management system that goes beyond formula retrieval to make the shop more profitable.
To read more on this year’s SEMA Show in Las Vegas, click here.