Matrix Automotive Finishes has announced that its 2015 Matrix “Award Winning Finishes” Calendar Contest was yet another big success.
Matrix customers across the country were invited to participate in the eighth annual contest with the opportunity of being featured as one of 12 finalists. Similar to years past, many of the vehicles were designed and painted by restoration, custom and body shop painters nationwide.
The 2015 calendar winners include first-place winner Dan “Boots” Longenette from Dublin, Ohio, for his 1957 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan Pro Street; second-place winner Keith Kibbons from Bourbonnnais, Ill., for his 1997 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic; and third-place winner Perry Morgan from Fort Wayne, Ind., for his 2013 Ford Mustang GT-500.
Also winning spots in the calendar were:
- Matt Bowes from Waterford, Mich., for the 2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide
- Hobb’s Auto Body from Shasta Lake, Calif., for the 1957 Chevrolet Cameo Pickup
- Patty’s Rod Shop from Hanceville, Ala., for the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS
- Chris Weber from Cleveland, N.C., for the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
- Mike Zimmerman from Dumont, Colo., for the 2006 Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe
- Donald Payton from Salinas, Calif., for the 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger Convertible and 1970 Dodge TA Challenger
- Shawn and Cheyenne Ciotti from Canyon Lake, Texas, for the 1963 Chevrolet C-10
- Jimmy Johnson from Sparks, Nev., for the 1958 Volkswagon Bus
- Sly Szucsko from Lake Havasu City, Ariz., for the 1950 Cadillac Convertible Series 62
Honorable mentions were awarded to Nick Haley – Spring Branch, Texas; Aaron Miller – Melbourne, Fla.; Rick and Donna Pittman – Lake City, Fla.; Tim Haase – Houston, Texas; Craig Wood – Spring Branch, Texas; and Mark Stoecker – Melbourne, Fla.
“We want to thank everyone who entered our contest as we received many outstanding entries,” said Kelly Mack, marketing communications manager for Matrix. “This year, each of the top 12 winners will receive a box of calendars and a customized Matrix ‘Award Winning Finishes’ jacket. We thank everyone for their creative approach and technical skill, which made this year’s competition an exciting one.”
All featured “Award Winning Finishes” can be viewed here.