News: AAA Says Record Number of Americans Will Hit the Road Over July 4 Holiday
Twelve custom painted vehicles to be featured in calendar; first place awarded to customized 2004 Harley-Davidson Road Glide with side car.
Matrix System has deemed its 2014 “Award Winning Finishes” Calendar Contest a "big success."
Matrix System customers across the country were invited to participate in the seventh annual contest with the opportunity of being featured as one of 12 finalists. The competition was the closest that it has ever been with many remarkable entries. Similar to years past, many of the vehicles were designed and painted by restoration, custom and body shop painters nationwide.
The 2014 winners include:
- First place: Keith Kibbons, Kankakee, Ill., for his 2004 Harley-Davidson Road Glide with side car
- Second place: Bob Fryz, Dearborn, Mich., for his 1951 Mercury Custom
- Third place: Clean Slate from Hebron, Conn., for its 2001 Peterbilt 379
Also included in the calendar are:
- Jerry Mercer, Greenville, Tenn., for his 1971 Chevelle SS
- Mark Stoecker, West Melbourne, Fla., for his 1937 Ford Woody Wagon
- Carl Avery, FAD/Glympse Airbrushing, Anderson, Calif., for his 2010 Dodge Challenger
- Ryan Evan and Lonny Speer, Counts Kustoms, Las Vegas, Nev., for their 1925 Ford Model T Roadster
- Edgar Barron, Gretna, La., for his 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa Andrew Alderman, St. Petersburg, Fla., for his 1957 Buick Estate Wagon
- James Kunzinger, Hudson, Fla., for his custom built “Death Trike”
- Carl Casey, Verona, Mo., for his 1953 Buick Convertible Hobbes Auto Body, Shasta Lake, Calif., for its 1968 Chevy Camaro
Honorable mentions were awarded to Joe Mangano of Melbourne, Fla.; Mike Farris of Raymore, Mo.; Kevin Bauser of Belleville, Mich.; Chris Henrietta of Gooding, Idaho; Michael Rizzi of Hawley, Pa.; and Pat Paldino of Worcester, Mass.
"We were impressed with all the finalist vehicles," said David Brunori, president of Quest Automotive Products. "The decision was difficult, but in the end we chose the Harley-Davidson Road Glide based on the intricate artwork, awesome color and great overall look."