News: Last Chance for Collision Repairers to Grade Insurers
Alan’s Collision Center of NE Philadelphia starts program to “improve safety and reduce risk of poor collision repair for vehicle owners.”
Alan’s Collision Center of NE Philadelphia announced a new auto body post-repair inspection program to “improve safety and reduce risk of poor collision repair for vehicle owners.”
Alan’s contends that as more and more auto body shops are getting squeezed with the increasing cost of repair equipment, tools and labor, the vehicle owner may be getting sub-standard collision repair with the use of salvaged parts and other shortcuts.
Drivers who sought and received collision repair would never know the quality of the auto body repair work, but Alan’s has decided to offer vehicle owners peace of mind by checking the quality of the collision repair and ensures drivers their vehicles are safe.
“Quality auto body repair businesses are in high demand and short supply in Philadelphia,” said Jim Pfau, general manager of Alan’s. “Alan’s Collision has been around since 1975, and we deliver high-quality auto body repair craftsmanship for every vehicle we service. Our business invests in industry training and advanced repair equipment. Our goal is a satisfied customer every time.”
Here is how Alan’s envisions how the post-repair inspection process will work:
- A driver takes his/her vehicle to a “seemingly reputable” auto body shop for repair
- The collision repair is complete and, to the naked eye, all looks good
- The driver brings the recently repaired vehicle to Alan’s Collision Center where they will conduct a thorough visual review of the vehicle at no charge
- If the inspection requires dismantling of some of the vehicle’s features, an estimate will be written explaining the process and costs
- If the vehicle was repaired poorly and Alan’s technicians can spot the sub-standard repair from a visual inspection, the vehicle owner will be instructed to re-open the claim with the insurance company using the inspection report as proof that a sub-standard repair job was conducted
- Alan’s will either step away or assist the vehicle owner with negotiations and collision repair services