Products: Rotary Announces New Line of AC Recharging Equipment
The 75-foot 2007 Coronado Freightliner tractor-trailer rig driven by Chad Hook that will make appearances all over the country sports a new paint scheme that highlights PPG’s colors, graphics and special effects.
PPG Automotive Refinish has announced the 2015 appearance schedule of its colorful show truck, a 75-foot 2007 Coronado Freightliner tractor-trailer rig. This year, it sports a new paint scheme that highlights the colors, graphics and special effects of PPG’s advanced PPG refinish products.
Again this year, veteran PPG driver Chad Hook will steer the truck across the country to major custom car and truck shows sponsored by the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association, the National Street Rod Association (NSRA) and other automotive enthusiast groups.
Hook has been driving the PPG show truck since 1999 and has never missed an event or arrived late. He will begin his annual expedition April 24 with the Goodguys 2nd Florida Nationals and move on to Nashville, Indianapolis and other destinations across the nation. He will make a total of 14 stops and end the season with the Goodguys 18th Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale, Ariz., Nov. 20.
The show truck presents an opportunity for professional and amateur custom car painters and builders to learn more about PPG products and the finishes PPG provides. Car and truck buffs are welcome to visit the truck at any of its stops. The complete tour schedule is as follows:
- Kissimmee, Fla. – 4/24-4/26 – Goodguys 2nd Florida Nationals
- Nashville, Tenn. – 5/15-5/17 – Goodguys 10th Nashville Nationals
- Indianapolis, Ind. – 6/5-6/7 – Goodguys 2nd Indy Nationals
- West Springfield, Mass. – 6/12-6/14 – Goodguys 23rd East Coast Nationals
- St. Paul, Minn. – 6/19-6/21 – Back to the ’50s
- Des Moines, Iowa – 7/3-7/5 – Goodguys 24th Heartland Nationals
- Columbus, Ohio – 7/10 – 7/12 – Goodguys 18th PPG Nationals
- Syracuse, N.Y. – 7/17-7/19 – Syracuse Nationals
- Louisville, Ky. – 8/6-8/9 – NSRA Street Rod Nationals
- West Valley, Utah – 9/10-9/12 – Ultimate Air Affair
- Englishtown, N.J. – 9/19 – Diesel Nationals
- Fort Worth, Texas – 10/2-10/4 – Goodguys 23rd Lone Star Nationals
- Biloxi, Miss. – 10/8-10/10 – Cruisin’ the Coast
- Scottsdale, Ariz. – 11/20-11/22 – Goodguys 18th Southwest Nationals
Events and appearances are subject to change.
For more information about the 2015 appearances of the PPG show truck, visit the PPG website or call (800) 647-6050.