PPG is tipping its hat to color through a display of dazzling paint jobs and world-class custom cars, trucks and motorcycles at this year’s SEMA show Nov. 1-4 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The PPG exhibit, booth no. 24601, will focus on PPG’s combination of “advanced refinish products, custom builders and boundless imagination.”
More than 100,000 domestic and international industry professionals attend the annual SEMA show. The much-anticipated event provides attendees with product demonstrations, networking opportunities, educational seminars and more.
“SEMA is the industry’s big show, and we like being part of it,” said Cristina Fronzaglia-Murray, PPG manager, marketing communications. “This is where everyone gathers to see what’s new, what’s hot, where the industry is going. And every year, the painters and builders amaze us with their creative and ingenious use of PPG products. The PPG booth is open to all SEMA visitors. Come see us, meet the industry’s leaders and check out some really wild wheels.”
Mix PPG products with abundantly talented builders and painters, and SEMA visitors have plenty to see in booth No. 24601.
The Stars Who Make the Cars
PPG is presenting the stars of the industry:
- Charley Hutton, Charley Hutton’s Color Studio | Hutton’s colorful work has earned him four Ridler Awards, the 2015 Barrett-Jackson Cup Ultimate Best of Show award, several Street Rod of the Year and Custom Rod of the Year awards, an America’s Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR) award and other major prizes. Hutton uses only PPG products.
- Bobby Alloway, Alloway’s Hot Rod Shop | Alloway, a member of the National Rod & Custom Car Hall of Fame, builds street rods that represent absolute coolness. America’s Most Beautiful Roadster, Goodguys Street Rod and Street Machine of the Year, and a Ridler honor are just a few of his awards. DELTRON coatings is Alloway’s paint preference.
- Tom and Mitch Kelly, Kelly & Son Crazy Painters | The Kellys are a major presence in Southern California’s cutting-edge car scene. Tom is a gifted striper and muralist, while his son, Mitch, is known for his fantastic paint designs. The Kellys choose VIBRANCE COLLECTION custom paint finishes to create their design schemes.
- Darryl Hollenbeck, Vintage Color Studio | Hollenbeck is well known to Northern California’s custom car set. He’s painted three AMBR winners and several Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance winners. His cars have also embellished the covers of notable publications including Street Rodder and Rodder’s Journal. Hollenbeck uses PPG products exclusively.
- Kenny Youngblood, Youngblood Art/Motorsport Gallery | Youngblood, known as “the father of modern day race car designs,” is one of drag racing’s most talented graphic artists. His gallery showcases his work along with that of other top artists in the field. His work has been featured in numerous motorsport publications and on various TV shows including “Monster Garage.”
- Mark Worman and Will Scott, Graveyard Carz | Worman and Scott can be seen on “Graveyard Carz,” a reality show on the Velocity Channel that focuses on Worman’s collision shop, Welby’s Car Care in Springfield, Ore. Worman is the shop owner and Scott is the painter. They work primarily on Plymouth and Dodge muscle cars. PPG is their paint of choice.
- Racer Joey Logano, Team Penske NASCAR Sprint Series driver, along with a representative from John Force Racing – drag racing’s foremost team, will be in the booth sharing on-track adventures. Both teams use PPG products for their cars. These elite automotive celebrities will be signing autographs, offering painting tips and talking about their PPG product preferences. To meet them at PPG booth no. 24601, check the schedule below for appearance dates and times.
Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles
In addition to the stars listed above, PPG will showcase an array of stunning cars, trucks and bikes:
- Charley Hutton’s Ridler Award winner “Olds Cool”
- Darryl Hollenbeck’s Ford, named America’s Most Beautiful Roadster
- Ryan Korek’s merlot red International pickup dubbed “Eight Dollar Corn”
- Jerry Kjensrud’s Chevy, “Halo,” Grand National Roadster Show award winner
- Nathan Curry’s debut of his tribute motorcycle
- Joe Ballard’s multiple award-winning tribute custom bike
PPG will also be honoring the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA). The PVA was founded by a band of wounded soldiers who returned home from World War II with spinal cord injuries. Paralyzed Veterans of America is dedicated to providing veterans and people with disabilities and their families with everything they need to live full and productive lives.
PPG Celebrity Appearance Schedule
Tuesday, Nov. 1st
10-11 a.m. – Charley Hutton, Charley Hutton’s Color Studio
11 a.m.-12 p.m. – Mark Worman and Will Scott, Graveyard Carz
12-1 p.m. – Kenny Youngblood, Youngblood Art
1:30-2 p.m. – Darryl Hollenbeck, Vintage Color Studio
2:30-3:30 p.m. – Tom and Mitch Kelly, Kelly & Son Crazy Painters
John Force Racing at 9 a.m. or 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 2nd
10-10:30 a.m. – Darryl Hollenbeck, Vintage Color Studio
11 a.m.-12 p.m. – Bobby Alloway, Alloway’s Hot Rod Shop
1-2 p.m. – Charley Hutton, Charley Hutton’s Color Studio
3-4 p.m. – Kenny Youngblood, Youngblood Art
Thursday, Nov. 3rd
10-11 a.m. – Kenny Youngblood, Youngblood Art
12-12:45 p.m. – Joey Logano, Penske Racing
1-2 p.m. – Bobby Alloway, Alloway’s Hot Rod Shop
3-4 p.m. – Tom and Mitch Kelly, Kelly & Son Crazy Painters
Friday, Nov. 4th
10-11 a.m. – Tom and Mitch Kelly, Kelly & Son Crazy Painters
11 a.m.-12 p.m. – Charley Hutton, Charley Hutton’s Color Studio
For more information about PPG at SEMA, or to learn more about PPG products, call (800) 647-6050 or visit www.ppgrefinish.com.