The Society of Collision Repair Specialists (SCRS) recently alerted its members to a new aluminum rate category in CCC One.
“If you have CCC One, you have the option of adding an aluminum rate category,” the note read. “Audatex and Mitchell do not currently allow the end user to create a new rate category, and it must be accounted for manually.”
When using CCC One, SCRS outlined the following procedures to add an aluminum rate category:
- Navigate to the profile under the “configure” link.
- Select the profile you would like to change.
- On the left side, expand the estimating folder, then rates folder, then click “Labor.”
- Click “Add Charge Category.”
- Input the name of the category and dollar amount. Remember the code # for future use.
- Once the rate category is in the system, you can add it to a repair or replace line by clicking the box next to the labor amount and inputting the code # for the new aluminum rate.
SCRS added the following note: The estimating databases are all intended to be used as a GUIDE ONLY. It is important to remember that the auto body professional performing the repair is in a position to thoroughly inspect, diagnose and identify the methodology and their unique cost of the vehicle damage repair.