Products: Bosch Releases 5.0 Software Update for ADS and ADS X Scan Tools
Official certification program statistics reveal while over 2,000 shops reached “certified” status, still less than 10 percent of industry shops have been able to make the grade and become OEM certified so far.
Assured Performance Network has announced the achievement of major milestones for full national coverage. Official certification program statistics reveal while over 2,000 shops reached “certified” status, still less than 10 percent of industry shops have been able to make the grade and become OEM certified so far and just 2/3rds that applied are able to achieve the requirements.
The mission of Assured Performance certification is to raise the industry’s technical repair capability and ensure each repair business has what is necessary to properly and safely repair new model vehicles. The collective goal of the OEM joint-effort body shop certification program is to provide complete demographic and geographic coverage of the county, providing a certified repair provider in nearly every community.
Achieving Assured Performance OEM certification-recognition is based upon meeting what Assured Performance calls “the industry’s most stringent and comprehensive business requirements,” including the tools, equipment and training as required by the participating automakers. Shops must illustrate proof of compliance for all program specifics, as well as pass an annual on-site audit conducted by an independent auditor.
The Assured Performance Certification Program statistics achieved through 2015 are as follows:
- Nearly 3,500 shops have applied to become certified-recognized with just over 2,000 successfully making the grade so far.
- Ford currently has over 1,200 shops certified-recognized.
- FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) has over 1,700 shops currently enrolled.
- Nissan has over 1,200 body shops enrolled, but limits shop participation.
- Hyundai has over 1,000 total shops enrolled in just three months.
- Even though less than 2/3rds of shops applying have been able to achieve the certified status, all shops are given the opportunity to participate in an optional Assured Performance “Business Improvement Program” to assist the shops in attaining certification, compliance and higher levels of performance.
“Our ability to achieve 7 to 10 times greater shop participation than other programs is a testament to our joint-effort strategic approach and commitment,” said Assured Performance Chairman and CEO Scott Biggs. “It takes complete national coverage to realistically offer consumers and insurers a certified repair provider anywhere and everywhere they might need one.”