Clearcoats get all the glory, but you can’t put a beautiful clearcoat on an ugly paint job and have it look good. Attend this webinar to hear AkzoNobel’s Bob Chapman and Tracy Frye, co-hosts of the company’s Talking Tech video series on YouTube, discuss the importance of starting a paint job with the end in mind. During this educational session, Bob and Tracy will explore the critical preparation and application aspects of each paint layer.
This webinar will offer helpful tips for both younger technicians as well as seasoned professionals.
- Prep work – The first and, arguably, most important step in the painting process. It sets the stage for your foundation and your final result.
- Primer – Does primer application really matter? It’s just primer, right? Or is it?
- Sealer – To seal or not to seal? That is the question. Most people don’t think much about sealer, but we’ll look at how important this layer is and how to apply it for optimal results.
- Basecoat – In any paint system, color is the true differentiator. It’s the heart and soul of a paint system. Applying the basecoat correctly is critical to the final appearance of a repaired vehicle.
- Clearcoat – Clearcoat gets much of the glory, and rightly so. It gives that final shine and shield of protection. But how do you know what clear to use and how much is needed? And why is it important to operate within a system? We’ll make it perfectly clear.