Induction Innovations, Inc. announced the launch of Venom: the third generation of the Mini-Ductor handheld induction heater. The 110V Venom will start shipping in the U.S. and Canada during the first quarter of 2016. A 220V version will be released during the second quarter of 2016.
As with its predecessor, the Mini-Ductor II, Venom generates invisible heat to release ferrous and some non-ferrous metals from corrosion and thread lock compounds without the dangers of open flame and up to 90 percent faster.
Venom also includes the following enhancements over the Mini-Ductor II:
- Angled design with trigger: Venom’s lightweight, ergonomic design allows for induction heat to access hard-to-reach places more easily
- Coil twist lock: Coils now lock down with one simple turn (no more thumb screws), and Venom works with all Mini-Ductor coils
- LED usage indicator: A red LED will light under fault conditions, and a green LED will light while the trigger is active and the tool is heating properly
- Fault override delay: Any event that causes the red LED to illuminate will protect the tool by starting a three-second lockout
- Fan operation enhancements: The fan continues to run after the trigger is released to aid in thermal cycle time reduction, and will stay powered when the thermal switch opens to aid in cooling the tool
- User-controlled LED switch: As long as the tool is powered and the internal power supply is operating, the LED will remain lit when the switch is on
- Two-year limited warranty: Venom has a two-year parts and labor warranty
The Mini-Ductor Venom includes the following: