3M Automotive Aftermarket Division announced a strategic collaboration with TTS Tooltechnic Systems AG & Co. KG, maker of Festool brand products in February 2016 to provide customers in the global automotive collision repair industry a new and comprehensive surface preparation and finishing system. Today, they are introducing the first new solutions through the partnership.
The collaboration brings together 3M’s best-in-class abrasives, global sales and distribution capabilities with Festool-branded premium power tools, dust extraction technologies and exceptional customer service. It will deliver a comprehensive portfolio of offerings to customers in the automotive aftermarket.
The 3M Total Automotive Sanding System is engineered to support the ongoing needs for cleaner, safer, more efficient and profitable collision repair shops. From ever-changing regulatory standards to increased pressures for efficiency and profitability, 3M now offers a total solution to improve shop cleanliness and performance.
“At 3M, we spend a tremendous amount of time studying the way collision repair shops run today – and how they could run in the future,” said Todd Bailey, marketing manager for 3M Automotive Aftermarket Division. “We continually look at process improvements, new standard operating procedures and new solutions for getting repairs done more quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality. The new 3M Total Automotive Sanding System is a reflection of that research and development, integrating our innovative abrasive products, advanced repair processes and new collaboration with Festool’s premium power tools. This system is a great example of the shop of the future – with mobile workcenters, a focus on dust extraction and the ability to deliver an excellent repair – more productively, efficiently and cleaner than before.”
The 3M Total Automotive Sanding System is designed and equipped for three specific areas of today’s collision shop – body repair, paint prep and paint finishing. There are five systems offered – the Body Repair Set and the Paint Prep Set are available with recommended Festool pneumatic and electric products, accessories and 3M consumables, as well as dust extraction equipment. The Paint Finishing Set is available with Festool pneumatic products, accessories and 3M consumables.
The 3M Total Automotive Sanding System incorporates Festool’s premium power tools and dust extraction tools as well as the benefits of 3M high-performing products, such as:
- Cubitron II abrasives that cut 30 percent faster and last up to twice as long as other premium abrasives
- Trizact abrasives that leave a finer, more uniform finish
- Perfect-It Paint Finishing System, designed to provide a fast, swirl-free finish every time
Key benefits of the 3M Total Automotive Sanding System include:
- Profitability and efficiency – Reduces the amount of dust in the air from sanding, leading to less rework, driving improved cycle time and process efficiency; reduces cleanup time; enhances workplace efficiency by reducing time spent searching for tools and materials; workcenter enables the use of abrasives to end of life, leading to reduced material spend; increases technician mobility
- Health and safety – Designed with the technician’s safety in mind; integrated dust extraction system reduces dust; AIS anti-static hose; ergonomic, non-slip tool design; pad brake means less tool free spin; improves shop cleanliness
- SERVICE all-inclusive – In the U.S. and Canada, every system comes with an industry-leading package of service and support for the Festool products, including: 36-month comprehensive warranty; 10-year parts availability; 24/7 online service hub; 30-day money back guarantee; dedicated service hotline; 48-hour standard repair; three-year free shipping
For more information, contact 1-877-MMM-CARS, contact your local 3M Distributor or 3M sales representative or visit www.3Mcollision.com.