Lincoln Electric, manufacturer of arc welding products, has rolled out 108 new products over the past nine months, the company announced, noting that the accelerated program was designed to bring the company’s improved products to the market faster and increase the breadth of Lincoln Electric’s welding solutions to its customers.
Lincoln says it maintains the most comprehensive product development program in the arc welding industry, with technology focused on providing increased productivity. The new product launch schedule was made possible with a company investment of over 400,000 hours of research, development, testing, documentation and marketing.
"The current economic environment challenged us to better leverage our talent, resources and capabilities for the long term, and this group of new products is a result of that effort,” said George Blankenship, SVP and president of Lincoln Electric North America. “We developed, tested and delivered to the market in record time a full array of new Lincoln welding solutions."
Each product was put through Lincoln’s comprehensive testing and review process, which includes reliability testing in the company’s lab chambers, where products are tested to withstand dust, rain, humidity, extreme temperatures, dropping, jerking and other real-world conditions. Testing also included hands-on use by welders in the field.
The 108 new product introductions cover the full range of Lincoln offerings, including:
• Expansion of the advanced Power Wave line – Power Wave C300, S350 and AC/DC 1000 SD
• New welding wire, electrodes and flux, including UltraCore carbon steel and stainless steel wires, Excalibur and Pipeliner stick electrodes and WTX submerged arc flux
• New Magnum PRO welding guns and VikingT helmets
• New eCellT LR, System 15, Education robotic welding cells and DownFlexT tables and Modular Extraction Hood fume extraction equipment
• A new line of portable engine-driven welders, including Outback and BulldogT models
For more information, visit www.lincolnelectric.com.