To facilitate the use of waterborne paint finishes, Blowtherm has just announced a new system, “ZONED AIR SPEED,” which increases the air velocity up to six times when compared with fan type or nozzle systems.
The advantages of the system include:
- Each zone 1-4 opens and closes in any combination needed for flash-off or curing
- Zones 1-4 each represent 20 percent of overall filtered plenum
- Zone 5 represents the balance of 20 percent, and this zone is always open
- Shorter flash-off times between coats
- Shorter curing time
- Faster removal of volatile components before the start of the reticulation process
- No added energy costs
Blowtherm (Spa) has been manufacturing quality products since 1956 and is known around the world for supplying quality systems using unsurpassed engineering technology to produce the most efficient, long-lasting and technologically advanced products on the market today.
One of the latest innovations came with the use of waterborne materials. As the automotive refinish coatings have changed, so has the performance requirements of spraybooths. The need for more airflow in the spray cycle and enhanced airflow required in the flash-off mode is necessary. Europe has been mandating the use of waterborne finishes since 2004, and Blowtherm’s engineering department has always been proactive to stay ahead of the refinish paint challenges. This engineering philosophy led Blowtherm, along with several major paint companies, to develop the “Zoned” Air Speed Waterborne Flash-Off system.
For more information, visit www.blowtherm-usa.com or call 1-855-GO-EXTRA (855-463-9872).