I-CAR has reported that more than 300 industry leaders have registered for the 2014 I-CAR Conference, set for July 30 at the Cobo Center in downtown Detroit, Mich. Only a few seats remain to accommodate other attendees. Conference participants will explore new developments in vehicle technology as they affect the collision repair industry.
“With the approaching changes in vehicle efficiency requirements, the automotive industry is engaged in a tsunami of technological research and development,” said I-CAR CEO and President John S. Van Alstyne. “Our 2014 conference is designed to bring industry executives up to speed on the latest aspects of powertrain development, advanced technology and new applications of materials from the perspectives of 10 innovative leaders in these arenas. We are gratified that so many executives have recognized the importance of this full-day conference by registering for it online, and we encourage people from all across the automotive landscape to join us on July 30.”
Moderated by John McElroy, automotive enthusiast and host of "Autoline Daily" and "Autoline This Week," the I-CAR Conference features a lineup of auto industry experts from:
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors Corporation
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Steel Market Development Institute
- Robert Bosch LLC
- The University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
- SCG Management
Their discussions will detail new opportunities for meeting efficiency challenges; achieving vehicle optimization; lightweighting with new and improved conventional materials; managing the changing DNA of the vehicle; and understanding advanced electronics, communications and safety systems.
Registrations still can be completed online through the I-CAR Conference website. Each registrant also will receive a free two-day pass to the Automotive Service Association’s NACE/CARS Expo July 31 and Aug. 1 at the Cobo Center.
Body Shop Business Staff Writers
Latest posts by Body Shop Business Staff Writers (see all)
- 3M, Collision Repair Education Foundation Gifts 58 Grants to Veterans and Family Members Through Hire Our Heroes Program - July 28, 2016
- Gerber Collision & Glass Opens New Location in Florida - July 28, 2016
- BodyShop Business Names Harry Moppert Sr. and April Lausch 2016 Executives of the Year - July 28, 2016