The Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of Minnesota (AASP-MN) and Axalta Coating Systems announced that they will co-host “Write it Right: Estimating Best Practices” on Nov. 10th. The program will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Radisson Minneapolis/St. Paul North in Roseville, Minn.
The seminar, presented by industry expert Mike Anderson of Collision Advice, will provide estimators with information and resources to understand, support and justify their position on what it takes to restore a vehicle back to pre-accident condition. Resources such as websites, tools, forms, and other technology applications that allow an estimator to be more efficient and accurate in writing a thorough damage analysis will be reviewed.
The seminar includes:
- Tools to help identify the not-included items, such as the DEG website, ASA Not-Included Guides and the SCRS Guide to Estimating
- How to use negotiation tools with insurers and get paid for hotly-contested items such as prepping raw plastic, blend within a panel, feather, prime and block, masking operations and weld burn damage
- How to improve photo quality
- Utilization of line notes
- How to write a damage analysis in conjunction with 100 percent disassembly
- The importance of OEM information and where to find it
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor when auditing estimate quality
Space is limited, and the program is expected to sell out. For additional information or to register, contact the AASP-MN office at (612) 623-1110 or (800) 852-9071 or visit www.aaspmn.org.