Several vehicles featuring the latest in coatings technology from BASF were displayed at the 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas and recognized with awards and honors from various organizations, car manufacturers and automotive press outlets.
Honors given to show vehicles featuring BASF paint include:
- Chevrolet SEMA Design Awards The “Best Chevrolet Corvette” and “Best New Chevrolet Accessory” awards went to the Mobil 1 2014 Corvette C7 designed by Jeff Nowicki and painted in BASF R-M Blade Silver Metallic.
- Mothers Shine Award Winner The 1969 Ford Torino Talladega "GPT Special" built by Troy Trepanier of Rad Rides by Troy, painted in BASF Glasurit 90-Line Tennessee Whiskey Gold gloss and Daytona Sand satin.
- Scion Tuner Challenge Awards Second place went to Walter Franco’s Scion L-DZ painted in BASF R-M Onyx HD Starfire Pearl; third place went to Scion WSD tC built by Josh Croll, featuring BASF R-M Crollsicle Orange Tricoat.
- Goodguys Rod & Custom Association GOLD Award The 1958 Corvette by Troy Spackman of Legacy Innovations, painted in BASF R-M Legacy Bronze.
- Goodguys Rod & Custom Association Trendsetter Award Presented to BASF customer Goolsby Customs of Alabama, which uses R-M paint exclusively on all of their builds.
- Car and Driver Magazine Best of 2013 SEMA Show The RAUH-Welt 1989 Porsche 930, painted in BASF Glasurit Rubystone Red.
- Super Chevy Magazine SEMA Highlights The 1967 Chevy Camaro RS from Ultimate Auto painted in Ruthless Red from BASF’s Carizzma Colors.