Consolidators: Auto Glass Now Opens Two New Locations
The standard includes performance-testing requirements for leak resistance, burst resistance and heat exchange, as well as fit.
The Certified Automotive Parts Association (CAPA) announced the release of its most recent standard: the CAPA 602 Standard for the Certification of Aftermarket Air Conditioning Condensers. The standard includes performance-testing requirements for leak resistance, burst resistance and heat exchange, as well as fit.
“Manufacturers who choose to certify their parts to CAPA’s Standards have a way to clearly demonstrate the quality of their products to the repair industry,” said Deborah Klouser, CAPA director of operations. “The CAPA 602 AC Condenser Standard joins the CAPA 601 Radiator Standard as part of CAPA’s Cooling Parts Standards, which will also include a standard for cooling fans.”
In addition to AC condensers and radiators, CAPA also certifies part types including fenders, hoods, grilles, bumper covers, headlamps, tail lamps, fog lamps, front and rear bumpers, reinforcement bars and energy absorbers. Parts that meet CAPA certification requirements are authorized to display the CAPA Quality Seal and are identified on CAPA’s Certified Parts Listing on the CAPA website.
CAPA’s Technical Committee is the body responsible for the review and approval of CAPA Standards, and its membership includes:
- Randall Bollander – Empire Auto Parts
- Jeff Chen – T.Y.G. Products, L.P.
- Bill Dornon – LKQ-Keystone
- Rod Enlow – RENLOW Auto Technical Consulting, Inc. (chairman)
- Don Feeley – City Body & Frame
- Jim Fisher – PBSI-DS
- Bob Guzdziol – K.S.I. Trading
- Don Hill – State Farm Mutual Insurance Co.
- Jim Horner – USAA Insurance
- Jared Humphrey – Service King Collision Repair Centers
- Jim Miras – Micro Rim Corporation
- Dan Risley – Automotive Services Association (ASA)
- Mark Sanders – Caliber Collision Centers
- Nick Scheid, LNS & Associates (vice chairman)
- Michael Smith – GEICO Insurance
- Chad Sulkala – Allstate Insurance
- Richard Wang – Gordon Auto Body Parts Co., Ltd.