ComputerLogic, Inc. announced the latest release of its PMCLogic paint and materials management system, version 6.7, which contains a suite of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports, charts and graphs to help shops better manage their paint and materials inventory, costs and sales.
This release marks another milestone in the development of the first and only software tool for the collision industry that provides an extremely accurate predictive estimate of all of the paint and materials that will be used on each unique vehicle repair. Because PMCLogic interfaces with all vehicle estimating providers, most body shop management systems and paint company mixing scales, little human intervention is needed in order to gather the data required to generate an accurate P&M invoice and keep track of all of the paint and materials actually used for a specific repair (R.O.)
New Features in PMCLogic 6.7 include:
- Paint and Materials Cost and Sales Analysis – This bar graph shows the percent and dollars of P&M based on costs and sales compared to total revenue.
- Hourly Rate Comparison – This graph shows the ‘allowance amount’ compared to the ‘shop invoice amount’ and final ‘payment amount’.
- Insurance Business Summary – This pie chart shows which insurance companies represent the greatest share (by %) of a shop’s business and provides data on the total number of vehicles repaired for that insurer, the average cost of each repair, the closing ratio on that insurance company and the average gross profit percentage for the P&M portion of the paid claims.
- Vehicle Summary – This pie chart shows which vehicle makes represent the greatest share (by %) of a shop’s business and provides data on the total number of vehicles repaired for that particular make, the average cost of each repair and the average gross profit percentage for the P&M portion of the paid claims for these vehicles.
Line Item Invoicing Option
- Shops now have the ability to generate a separate document for those P&M items that are sometimes paid as a line item on the original vehicle estimate. These items are automatically deducted from the PMCLogic P&M estimate/invoice. However, the management of these items is treated like any other P&M item for inventory control, purchasing, costing and reporting purposes.
“We are looking for new ways to make PMCLogic’s paint and material management system easier to use and provide more value to shops every day,” said Susan Edge, PMCLogic project manager. “This is a collaborative effort between ComputerLogic and thousands of body shop users who want to change the way repairers get paid for the paint and materials that they use for each repair. We listen to our customers and keep adding new features that will ultimately make this product more valuable as a management tool.”
Rick Palmer, president, added, “The old saying, ‘you can’t manage what you don’t measure’, is very true. ComputerLogic is determined to make managing paint and materials as easy as possible, and we believe we do that today. It only takes a few minutes on each job to accurately capture the paint and material usage for that repair, which then allows a shop to have the ability to run a wealth of informative reports that will not only help them manage better but also assists them in increasing their compensation for these costs.”
For more information on PMCLogic, call (800) 933-6564 or email [email protected].