A new analysis of the automotive refinish coatings industry shows that the global market is expected to reach $11.34 billion by 2026.
The report, by Reports and
Key findings from the report suggest that:
- The market is segmented on the basis of resin type into
epoxy, alkyd, polyurethane and others.
- The polyurethane segment dominated the market in
2018,and is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% during the forecast periodsince it is less expensive, environment-friendly and also versatile.
- The market is segmented on the basis of product into
primer, basecoat, clearcoat, activator, filler and putty
- Clearcoats hold the largest share of the market in 2018. They’re expected to have a growth rate of 3.4% during the forecast period.
- The market is segmented on the basis of technology into solvent-borne coatings, waterborne coatings and UV-cured coatings.
- Solvent-borne coatings hold the largest share in the market in 2018 with a CAGR of 2.9% during the forecast period due to their cost effectiveness as compared to other technologies.
- The market is segmented on the basis of
substrateinto glass, metal, plastic and others.
- Metal substrates is the segment with the largest market share in
2018,and is expected to lead the segment throughout the forecast period with an annual growth rate of 3.8 %since metal surfaces are prone to suffer from corrosion.
To view more of the report and request a free copy, click here.