News: Top 5 Stories of the Week
The Board of Directors sets the overall strategic direction for I-CAR and also assists in obtaining resources in support of the I-CAR mission.
I-CAR announced its 2015 International Board of Directors and Executive Committee following its strategic planning session and annual membership meeting in Palm Coast, Fla., in early March.
The Board of Directors is comprised of representatives from each of the following six industry segments:
- collision repair
- equipment, tools and supplies
- education, training and research
- related industry services.
Joe Laurentino (Esurance) will lead as chair of the Executive Committee. In addition, the following individuals will serve on the Executive Committee
- James Roach, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (vice chair)
- Chris Evans, State Farm (treasurer)
- Mark Woirol, Tech-Cor (secretary)
- Eugene Scambray, Copart (member-at-large)
- Ron Vincenzi, Oakland Auto Body (member-at-large)
- Bob Keith, CARSTAR (immediate past chair)
Newly elected board members include:
- John Eck, General Motors Company
- Tim Hession, GEICO
- Kyle Thompson, USAA
- Marcy Tieger, Symphony Advisors LLC
- Gary Wano, GW & Son Auto Body, Inc. for Society of Collision Repair Specialists
- Michele Wyatt, Farmers Insurance.
Additionally, Rick Tuuri of AudaExplore – a Solera Company is the new Collision Repair Education Foundation representative on the Board of Directors.
In addition to the Executive Committee and the newly elected board members, the Board of Directors includes:
- Mark Algie, 3M
- Mark Allen, Audi of America
- John Donley, IAnet
- Robert Hills, Universal Technical Institute (UTI)
- Tim O’Day, Gerber Collision & Glass
- Richard Perry, Chief Automotive Technologies for Equipment & Tool Institute
- Roy Schnepper, Butler’s Collision Inc. for Automotive Service Association
- Randy Stabler, Pride Collision Centers Inc.
“Having been a strong supporter of I-CAR for 30 years, which includes being a member of the Board for five years, I am truly honored to have been elected Chairman of the Board of I-CAR,” said Joe Laurentino, chair of the I-CAR International Board of Directors. “This is an exciting time for our inter-industry with the continued evolution of technology and innovation, and I know my fellow colleagues on the 2015 Board of Directors are an engaged group of talented professionals who will bring their unique segment perspectives to the table, and help guide the future direction of I-CAR in support of our vision.”
The overall strategic direction for I-CAR is set by the Board of Directors. In addition, the Board of Directors also assists in obtaining resources in support of the I-CAR mission.