The Collision Industry Conference (CIC) announced that attendees of the Detroit meeting will be asked a variety of questions during a “Rental Duration Management” presentation of the Insurer-Repairer Relations committee.
The committee, presenting for 90 minutes on Tuesday, July 21st at 3:50 p.m. at the Detroit meeting, asks that those planning to be in attendance think about the feedback they would like to give the panelists during this exchange of dialogue.
Those questions, as follows, will be posed to the audience during the roundtable and open-mic portion:
- From earlier committee presentations, what is the best formula or outcome for managing rental duration? Should we be moving away from a formula or adopt a more “fluid formula” based on available data?
- What is the purpose of a formula? Should we eliminate them all together or redefine the formulas that are used?
- If we need a change, what factors will influence adoption?
- How will major trends such as changing vehicle technology and complexity and consolidation influence rental management?
- Should length of rental criteria (whether a formula or something else) be applied the same to DRP and non-DRP repairs?
The CIC website homepage has the upcoming meeting schedule along with the full meeting agenda.