The Society of Collision Repair Specialists (SCRS) announced they will hold an open board meeting April 19th from 3 to 5 p.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Seattle. The two-hour meeting will include updates from SCRS staff, committees and guests from the industry on what they have undertaken on behalf of the membership.
The open meeting will be immediately followed by the SCRS annual election for open seats on the board of directors, promptly beginning after the meeting and concluding with final votes being accepted by 5:30 p.m. The election is open to current designated voting representatives of SCRS-member businesses. Members must be present to vote. To join as a member of SCRS to participate in the upcoming election, contact the association office at [email protected]. The election will fill four open board seats and candidates running for the seats. The nominees’ bios can be viewed on the SCRS website homepage.
On April 20th, SCRS will be hosting a Repairer Roundtable meeting from 8:30 to 11 a.m. which will provide an opportunity to “meet the trainer.” The program will feature a candid discussion with the trainers who work with repair facilities to achieve OEM certifications and work directly with the technicians who are going through the hands-on training programs. The conversation will address what these programs offer the industry and qualities they look at in the training and testing process. The question of whether hands-on training makes a difference in approach, understanding and application of complex repairs, and potential deficiencies that are common in technicians who are coming into the program will be discussed. The conversation will be moderated by SCRS Chairman Andy Dingman and Vice Chairman Kye Yeung and will feature:
- Shawn Hart, collision repair training instructor and curriculum designer, Audi of America
- Jason Bartanen, director – Industry Technical Relations, I-CAR
- Kelly Logan, technical manager – Body Repair Program, TESLA
- Joe DiDonato, collision training administrator, Toyota Motor Sales, USA
- Eric Mendoza, collision repair & refinish training assistant manager, Toyota Motor Sales, USA
Immediately after the event on April 20th (and just prior to the start of CIC) at 11:15 a.m., SCRS will host the annual Industry Awards and Corporate Member Recognition Lunch. The event, which will include lunch, is designed to recognize organizations that contribute significant support to SCRS through their corporate membership and some of the contributions made to the advancement of the industry.
There is no fee to attend any of the events, but SCRS does require an RSVP by April 11th for both the Repairer Roundtable and the Awards Luncheon. Click here or email [email protected]. SCRS events in a snapshot:
Tuesday, April 19th
- 3-5 p.m. – SCRS Open Meeting
- 5:15-5:30 p.m. – SCRS Annual Election
Wednesday, April 20th
- 8:30-11 a.m. – Repairer Roundtable
- 11:15-12:45 p.m. – SCRS Industry Awards & Corporate Member Recognition Lunch
Thursday, April 21st
- Noon -6 p.m. – SCRS Affiliate Leadership Conference (Closed Meeting)